In faith and the miracles of the divine, many find a greater purpose. Called to serve powers beyond most mortal understanding, all priests preach wonders and provide for the spiritual needs of their people. Clerics are more than mere priests, though; these emissaries of the divine work the will of their deities through strength of arms and the magic of their gods. Devoted to the tenets of the religions and philosophies that inspire them, these ecclesiastics quest to spread the knowledge and influence of their faith. Yet while they might share similar abilities, clerics prove as different from one another as the divinities they serve, with some offering healing and redemption, others judging law and truth, and still others spreading conflict and corruption. The ways of the cleric are varied, yet all who tread these paths walk with the mightiest of allies and bear the arms of the gods themselves.
- Core Rules
- Clerics must choose a deity to serve at character creation or when taking their first level in the class.
- Clerics must have an alignment that is within one step of their deity, calculated as if an alignment of Good is equivalent to Compassionate, and an alignment of Evil is equivalent to Misanthropic.
- Advanced Clerics
- All new subdomains are allowed. Also, the Animals domain gains the Scales subdomain (see below).
- Ultimate Combat Clerics
- Allowed: Crusader, Divine Strategist, Evangelist, and Merciful Healer
- Ultimate Magic Clerics
- Allowed: Cloistered Cleric, Separatist, Theologian, and Undead Lord
- The Variant Channeling rules can be used at the Player’s option.
Associated Domain: Animal.
Add Swim to your list of class skills.
Replacement Power: The following granted power replaces the speak with animals power of the Animal domain.
Flashing Scales (Su): You gain a Swim speed equal to a quarter of your land speed. This increases to half your land speed at level 5, your full land speed at level 10, and finally one-and-a-half times your land speed at level 15.