Through a select, worthy few shines the power of the divine. Called paladins, these noble souls dedicate their swords and lives to the battle against evil. Knights, crusaders, and law-bringers, paladins seek not just to spread divine justice but to embody the teachings of the virtuous deities they serve. In pursuit of their lofty goals, they adhere to ironclad laws of morality and discipline. As reward for their righteousness, these holy champions are blessed with boons to aid them in their quests: powers to banish evil, heal the innocent, and inspire the faithful. Although their convictions might lead them into conflict with the very souls they would save, paladins weather endless challenges of faith and dark temptations, risking their lives to do right and fighting to bring about a brighter future.
- Core Rules
- A Paladin much choose a specific god to serve. They may only serve gods that are listed as having Paladins in the Religion section.
- Under the modified Alignment rules, a Paladin must be Lawful with regards to Ethos. They may be Compassionate or Neutral with regards to Empathy.
- Advanced Paladins
- Allowed: Divine Defender, Hospitaler, Sacred Servant, Shining Knight, Undead Scourge, and Warrior of the Holy Light
- Player Characters may not start as Antipaladins, though they do exist in the world.
- Ultimate Combat Paladins
- Allowed: Divine Hunter, Empyreal Knight, Holy Tactician, and Sacred Shield
- Ultimate Magic Paladinss
- Allowed: Oathbound Paladin (and all Oaths)